“Your story could be the key that unlocks some else’s prison. Don’t be afraid to share it.”
How many of the following roles do you currently play in your personal or professional life?
• Parent • Teacher • Coach • Trainer
• Mentor • Advisor • Consultant • Role Model
• Spiritual Guide • Trusted Friend • Subject Matter Expert
If you selected several, you must have a considerable amount of life experience to share with family, friends, and colleagues who may be experiencing various setbacks and challenges.
Although I frequently encourage a “coach approach” to facilitate the internal learning capacity of those around us, please take the wisdom of today’s quote and note when it is time to share your stories and experiences generously as a contribution to those in need.
“The new year stands before us like a chapter in a book, waiting to be written. We can help write that story by setting goals.”
-Melody Beattie, American Self-Help Author
Image from Flickr by Babak Fakhamzadeh
Who doesn’t like a good story filled with excitement, adventure and extraordinary accomplishments?
A challenge for many of us is that we are often listening to the tales of our friends and colleagues rather that creating and sharing our own stories.
Let’s flip this challenge on its head by dedicating ourselves to being more prolific story-tellers in the new year.
Answer the following questions, and put a plan of action into place that makes you the main character in far more stories throughout 2017:
- What new and exciting places will you go to in the new year?
- What great professional achievement will you pursue and accomplish?
- What significant personal achievement will you realize?
- What community-based contribution will most benefit from your unique abilities and talents?