“The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper.”
—W.B. Yeats, Irish poet and one of the foremost figures of 20th century literature
Take a moment to examine your current ability to see, hear, feel, taste, and smell.
Did you know that:
- A Silvertip Grizzly Bear can smell you from 18 miles away?
- Jumping spiders can see four primary colors versus the three that humans see?
- Some birds have an internal GPS that acts as a compass, to help them find their way home?
- The bat uses echolocation to navigate and catch its supper?
- Catfish have 10 times more taste buds than humans (100,000 versus 10,000)?
How can you capture more of the magic life has to offer by sharpening and focusing your senses? One way to develop these capacities is to focus on each sense separately, whenever possible.