“Nobody can bring you peace but yourself.”
– Ralph Waldo Emerson, American writer and philosopher
Image from Flickr by Celestine Chua.
Self-reflective work, as part of a coaching journey, can produce remarkable results. Pursuing greater inner peace through some of the seven strategies below may help:
1. Seek to love and appreciate others and not control them.
2. Moderate your convictions and consider the viewpoints and perspectives of others.
3. Increase your tolerance of others who are different; learn to better “live and let live.”
4. Embrace your ability to have compassion for others and avoid all forms of violence.
5. Seek forgiveness when you hurt others and be willing to forgive those that may hurt you.
6. Create a naturally beautiful place of peace in your world to provide a sanctuary away from the chaos of your fast-moving life.
7. Do work that you love – that makes a difference in the lives of others – even if this is not your primary vocation. Consider volunteering for a cause you believe in.
Please engage with at least one of the strategies above and determine how it helps you live a more peaceful life.
Consider discussing this list with others in your world, so that you can take this peaceful journey together.
Please reply to this post with some of your best peace-producing strategies to add to the list.