– General Colin Powell
Would you describe yourself as an optimist? Optimistic people:
- See the possibilities in things
- Have a “can do” attitude
- See lemonade whenever they see lemons
- Drink from the half-full glass
- Look for the good in others and situations
- Find the pony in the room full of dung
- Attract other people and opportunities
Optimism helps us to adjust quickly to adversity; after setbacks, we can get back up faster. By making optimism a habit, you can find a positive aspect in every situation. There’s always something new to learn.
Who are the most optimistic people in your world? How can you spend more time with them and be more like them?
Who are the most pessimistic people in your world? How can you reduce their impact, or even remove them from your life?
Quotes are posted on The Quotable Coach a week after being sent out by email. To get the latest quotes straight to your inbox, pop your email address in the sidebar to the right.