“…would make of you everything you ever dreamed or imagined you could become.”
– Orison Swett Marden
What are we capable of? What is our fullest potential as human beings? Perhaps we can consider the Guinness Book of World Records – or the Olympics – as a starting point.
We might think about great feats in areas such as:
- Speed at running, or swimming (Ye Shiwen and Cameron van der Burgh both set new world records for swimming in the 2012 Olympics)
- Endurance and strength (Kim Un-Guk set a weightlifting world record)
- Throwing, climbing, jumping, shooting… (a team from the Republic of Korea set an archery world record)
- Writing and speaking
- Mathematics and sciences
- Mastery in the arts, music, or other creative disciplines
- Memory (such as in a spelling bee)
With the above capacities already realized by human beings, what would a “world-record you” be capable of?
Quotes are posted on The Quotable Coach a week after being sent out by email. To get the latest quotes straight to your inbox, pop your details in the sidebar to the right.