“To be interested in the changing seasons is a happier state of mind than to be hopelessly in love with spring.”
– George Santayana, philosopher and writer
Image from Flickr by thekeithhall.
Consider the following phrases:
- Thank God it’s Friday.
- I can’t wait until I retire.
- I’m dreading going back to work.
- I’ll be happier when…
- I hate the cold and snowy winters.
- The summer is too hot and sticky.
Rarely are people completely happy with their current situation. If they are, it is often episodic and temporary, due to the fact that things are always changing.
The people who seem to be the happiest make the most of every situation they encounter. These people usually bring along a positive attitude and a sunny disposition.
How can you accept and make the most of every situation today, to bring a little more springtime wherever you go and whatever you do?