I’ve been interviewed again by Chris Holman of Michigan Business Beat. We had a wide-ranging discussion, centering on coaching within the business world.
In this six-minute interview, Chris and I discuss:
- “Soft skills for hard times” and how many people were let go in 2008-9 who had technical competencies but didn’t possess the softer skills of leadership, management, and coaching.
- How people need to be versatile and wear many hats in smaller companies, developing their technical and softer skills.
- The idea of “intrepreneurship”, including innovation, creativity, and the necessity of emotional intelligence.
- Welcoming diverse perspectives (e.g. from people much younger or older than yourself).
- Coming up with new ideas and new approaches by reading a wide range of materials from a variety of industries.
Click play below to listen to the interview:
You can also visit my Podcasts page on my coaching site to hear other interviews with me.