“A balanced diet is a chocolate in each hand.”
Image from Flickr by JohnSeb
Chocolate is considered a superfood with about five out of seven people worldwide enjoying it very much. I am one of them!
Below are some interesting facts to consider when enjoying this treat. (Some people believe it should even be its own food group…)
- It can decrease the risk of stroke.
- It can boost heart health.
- It can fill you up and keep you full so you don’t overeat (!)
- It may reduce the risk of diabetes.
- It may offer protection from UV rays and skin damage.
- It can quiet a cough.
- It can boost your mood – it does mine.
- It can improve blood flow.
- It can enhance your vision.
- It can even boost your brainpower and make you smarter.
For those of you who enjoy it too, look for ways to moderately include chocolate in your life to make it a bit sweeter.
To learn more, check out the Huffington Post article “10 Health Benefits of Chocolate” at the link below:
Perhaps you could even give a gift of chocolate to someone you love. Valentine’s Day is just around the corner…