“The greedy one gathers all the cherries, while the simple one tasted all the cherries in one.”
—Mark Nepo, Author of THE BOOK OF AWAKENING
What does the word greedy mean to you? Who do you personally know that fits your definition?
Are you a collector of things or even experiences? Consider the following list:
- The amount of food in your fridge and pantry
- The number of collectables on displayed in your home
- The number of degrees or awards you’ve received
- The number of cities, states, and countries you’ve visited
- The number of books you have read
- The amount of money you have saves and invested
- The number of ornaments on your Christmas tree
In what other areas are you or others engaged in a quest for more? What hidden costs are you possibly paying in your desire for greater well-being and life satisfaction?
Where do you find yourself gathering more and more of life’s cherries? How might savoring the cherries that you have or the ones that simply come your way lead you to a far sweeter life?