“What did the carrot say to the wheat? Lettuce rest. I’m feeling beet.”
-Shel Silverstein, Children’s Book Author
Most everyone agrees that we should all eat our veggies and a balanced diet for optimal health.
Exercise and the proverbial “use it or lose it” philosophy is another component to health and wellness. Rest, sleep, and recovery time, on the other hand, often take a back seat to diet and exercise. Here are some key facts that may inspire you to give rest an equal footing with nutrition and exercise:
Rest and Relaxation:
- Protect your heart
- Lower your risk of catching a cold
- Boost your mental power and memory
- Lower your risk of stroke
- Improve your mood and feelings of well-being
- Help you make better decisions
- Help you lose weight by reducing stress eating
- Lower the incidence and risk of disease by boosting your immune system
What steps can and will you take to increase the quality and quantity of your rest and rejuvenation strategies to enhance your health and overall well-being?