“Outer order contributes to inner calm.”
—Gretchen Rubin, American Author and Speaker
Consider the following life situations:
- Finding something to wear in a cluttered closet
- An e-mail or voice mail box filled to capacity
- A dirty car, inside and out
- Desperately needing a haircut
- An unbalanced checkbook
- Kids toys or clothing on the floor
Imagine having a genie, and that you can rub a lamp or snap your fingers and instantly all situations are in order. What happens to your heart rate, level of stress, or sense of general well-being?
Where would spending a little effort or even a bit of money bring greater order and a stronger calmness to your worlds?
Please also consider exploring the numerous resources available through Gretchen Rubin’s website.