“Inhale confidence, exhale doubt.”
The development of greater self-confidence is a high priority for many of the up-and-coming leaders I coach. These high potential individuals have already achieved a level of success, and yet, they are often challenged with a new assignment that requires skills and abilities they often feel they lack.
To inhale greater self-confidence and exhale doubt, consider some of the following strategies:
- Create a list of your current strengths and abilities.
- Listen, but be skeptical, when dealing with naysayers.
- Learn to accept compliments graciously.
- Exercise and become more physically fit.
- Read positive and self-affirming materials.
- Avoid associating with negative people.
- Notice your own inner voice, especially when it is self-critical, and release its negative impact.
- Always be learning and doing something each day to better yourself.
Feel free to reply to this post with your own confidence-building and doubt-reducing strategies.