“Out of moderation a pure happiness springs.”
—Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe, 17th Century German playwright, scientist, & statesman
Where did the concept of moderation go out the window over the holidays? Consider the following list and add some of your own:
- Food and drink
- Gift giving/spending money
- Staying up late and missing out on sleep
- Staying in bed and too much leisure
- Excessive media consumption
- Lack of physical activity
Where did getting out of balance present a cost that you regret? Where was the payoff worth it?
How and where might you pursue the happiness found in moderation as you settle into the rhythm of the new year?