“I awake each day thinking of your awakening.”
—Brendon Burchard, American Motivational Author
Image from psychicsvideokline
What percentage of people go through their lives half asleep, or awaken only for special occasions and weekends?
How bright-eyed and bushy-tailed are you in the morning? How much do you look forward to each new day?
I deeply desire my own daily awakening and have pursued my career as a coach to support others to do the same. With a “pay it forward” approach and attitude, many of my clients do the same in their communities. Most would say that is one of the most satisfying parts of the coaching process.
How and in what ways can you enhance and improve your world, to wake each day with greater enthusiasm and vitality?
Where and with whom can you awaken the lives of others, so they can do the same?
“Climate is what we expect, weather is what we get.”
—Mark Twain, American Author and Humorist
A few months ago I had a wonderful family vacation in the San Diego area, purported to have one of the best climates in the world. We spent a rainy evening with a few of my son-in-law’s friends, who were a bit upset with the weather. Coming from Michigan, we were more than OK with a bit of cool temperatures and precipitation.
How can greater awareness and perspective regarding your professional and personal expectations help you embrace whatever the weather brings into your world?
“Life is a series of thousands of tiny miracles. Notice them.”
Image from Flickr by JOPHIELsmiles
In late February, my wife Wendy took a week to visit her friends in Florida and I stayed back here in Michigan to hold down the fort. Although I missed her dearly and we talked often, I became very aware of a different life rhythm, and other experiences not previously observed in our normal routines.
Miracles I noticed and am grateful for include:
- The wonders of medicine and our healthcare system in improving the quality and quantity of life.
- The electronic and technological capacities that our smartphones, the internet, and a host of other devices provide.
- The miracle of our living planet and the huge diversity of living creatures that share it.
- The miracle of our minds and bodies that allow us to design and impact our world.
- The miracle of community and family in which we can share our journey with those we love and care about.
Feel free to reply to this post regarding some of the small and not so small miracles you observe today.